Monday, February 25, 2008

Small trip to Repentigny

Today, it was gorgeous day in Montreal. The temperature was between -1c and -5c. There was a gorgeous sun all over the city. I wanted to profit from the day and decided to bike for a few hours. My destination was the city of Repentigny on the east side of Montreal. I wanted to explore the access to that part of the city because I will be passing through there this summer to go to Trois-Rivieres.

It took me about 1h to go to Repentigny from St-Leonard in Montreal. The trip was an excellent idea to because it made break away from the routine of cycling to work everyday and I discovered the winter scenery of Boulevard Gouin.

I really enjoyed the ride in Boulevard Gouin. I was rolling close to 30km per hour most of the times and there was not traffic at all. I felt like the boulevard belonged to me and there was nobody to steal it from me. As I was riding I also was observing the movement and structure of the frozen ice caps of the St-Lawrence river. All together it was an exhilarating experience. I stopped two times in the boulevard and I contemplated the smell of the frozen river. It was really nice. It was a mixture of smells such as snow, vegetation and chlorine.

On the way back home, I took Boulevard Notre Dame. It was hard riding there because the wind was moving against me. I was trying to maintain a decent speed but the closest I could get was 15-19 km per hour. There was not much to see there. It was just old decrepit buildings and industrial areas. It only stopped to call my girlfriend to let her know that I was ok and to get a protein bar because I was really hungry.

All together it was 3 hours of riding. I came home with my legs hurting but very invigorated!!!!.

No comments: