Saturday, February 23, 2008

10 reasons why you should bike in winter

You should do cycling in winter because...

  1. Simply it is very fun!!!!!!
  2. You energize yourself before coming to work and the ride back home takes away the stress from a hard day at the office.
  3. The feeling of breathing icy cold air is just amazing. Everything feels very pure.
  4. It is very pleasant to ride after it has just snowed. I love the crunchy sound that my bike make against the show.
  5. You can eat more during the winter season and not to worry too much about the calories because you are shedding them away.
  6. I just love the look on my coworkers face when I tell them that I took the bike on a cold day when is -20c. They say to me you are a very brave man.
  7. Get rid of the winter blues. Get some exposure to the sun and release endorphins. They really help out to relieve depression and bad thoughts.
  8. I love cycling in a snow storm!!!!!. I feel like i am taking an adventure.
  9. Maintain your shape. In April when the cycling season start, you will be in much better shape than the seasonal bikers.
  10. Avoid the bus and metro. In general, I hate taking public transportation. I hate it even more in winter where you are packed like sardines....

With these reasons for winter cycling, you should be enough motivated to start riding in winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your co-workers call you brave? Mine call me crazy! Must be a prairie thing.

Good luck with the blog!