Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gastronomic tour by bike in Montreal part I

These are the places to eat that I like to visit by bike when I am riding in Montreal.


  1. Marche Tropicana. 5372 Rue Jean Talon east. (514) 728-6872. This is a small venezuelan cafe that serves typical venezuelan food such as empanadas, arepas, sancocho. They serve other specialties from other latin-american countries such as Colombia and Salvador. I like to have breakfast there on Sundays before I embark on long rides. The food is cozy and yummy!!! and the owners Juan and Omaira are very friendly with the clientele!!!.
  2. Toi Moi & Cafe. Corner of Laurier St and Jeanne Mance in the plateau. (514) 275-9599. This is the place to have an expresso in Montreal. They make a kickass cofee in this place. They also have azaming desserts and heavenly breakfasts. Every saturday morning before I go to work I stop to have my cofee shot. It makes the day smile.....http://www.toimoicafe.com/
  3. Pizzeria Napoletana. 189 Dante Street in the heart of Little Italy. (514) 276-8226. In my opinion one of the best places to have pizza in Montreal. They have a selection of over 30 pizzas and serve pasta and mussels. To have a meal here is the perfect happy ending of any bike trip. http://www.napoletana.com/
  4. Havre aux Glaces. Jean Talon and Atwater Market. This is an excellent ice cream shop that makes all kinds of intriguing ice creams. My favorite combination is the pistacho with nutella. It is to die for!!!!!!!!.
  5. Cocoa Locale on Parc Avenue. I love this tiny bakery on mile end. They make hedonistic cakes such as Valhrona chocolate and leomon pie. It is the excellent excuse to take your bikr.

No comments: