Friday, February 22, 2008

The beginning

Hello the web....


My name is Marco Giovanetti and this is the first time that I am making a blog on the web. The blog will be about biking in general but will include other subjects such as wine, the x-files and interesting off the track things about Montreal.



A little bit about myself....




I am going to be 30 years in the coming april 29th 2008. I am Italian-Venezuelan and have been living in Montreal more or less since 1995. I like a variety of stuff that includes wine, cooking and reading to a certain extent and riding my bicycle. I ride a Gary fisher Mendota 2007. You can see some of the bikes that they make at http://www.fisherbikes.com/. Biking is a becoming a sort of new passion form me. First, I was passionate about wine and food which I will talk about later in other blogs and now slowly biking is my darling.






VICTORIA MY TOURING BIKE



This is Victoria my touring bike. I have an habit of naming objects that I have a personal relationship with it. I bought this bike on May 2007 at La Source Sport in St-Leonard, Montreal ( http://www.icisport.com/). I gotta tell you...It was love at the first sight. I bought the bike on credit. I pay every month 60 bucks to citifinanciere. My bike will be paid out completely on 2009. Let me tell you, it is a very sound investment. For 60 bucks, you get a a pretty good combo ( save on the metro card and the painful gym fee).
I ride Victoria every day, even in winter!!!!. I ride to go to work every day, I ride for fun and I ride for exercise. I have discovered that riding a bicycle is an excellent activity for your spirit. It gives you different perspective on life. Suddenly you feel more independent and you see the world with different eyes. You discover your surroundings at a different pace. You discover new streets in your city and discover places off the beaten track..








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the attitude of "cycling to explore", taking back routes,looking closely at my surroundings.

I don't like to name the things I own. Eventually you have to throw them out. Feels too much like dumping an old friend.

Anonymous said...

marco congrats on your blog!!!
there are some really intresting things to learn from!
love the top ten you made for winter!!
keep us updated with so more of your adventures!!!!
keep up the peddaling!

eric (rbc)